What do you do when you’ve already exhausted your vacation funds for the year but still want to go someplace nice for your 5th anniversary? Scurry across a bunch of travel websites praying for a miracle. And look for budget resorts. Well, guess what? Our prayers were answered and how!
We found a little gem of a resort in the Maldives which had everything we ever wanted. If you’re looking for a holiday in the Maldives on the cheap, this one’s just for you!
Here’s my review of one of the best budget resorts in Maldives – Wave Sound by 3S Maldives.
Why We Chose Wave Sound By 3S Maldives
The moment we chanced upon this resort in the Maldives on Agoda, we were hooked on to it. Their pictures looked amazing with rooms directly overlooking the beach! Wave Sound by 3S Maldives also had great reviews and a rating of 9.8 on 10.
At $96 per night for a deluxe sea-facing room that included breakfast, it seemed like a steal! Honestly, we had never imagined that budget resorts in Maldives can be a thing too.
Our Experience With Wave Sound
Since we hadn’t booked our flight tickets to the Maldives yet, I had sent an inquiry to the hotel staff right after the booking completion. As you can imagine, we were looking to fly to Maldives on the cheap too.
Pro Tip: Need some help booking flights on the cheap? Here’s everything you need to know about it.
Within minutes of having sent the inquiry, the owner of the resort, Hussain, called me back. Not only did he assist me with the information needed to book the best flights but also said he would provide airport transfers at no additional cost. What’s more, he even asked us about our meal preferences so that they could make the necessary arrangements.
Looking for a place to stay on your trip to Brussels?
Check out My review of Hello Hostel Brussels.
Our Arrival At the Resort
On the day we arrived in the Maldives, the resort manager, Saeed was present at the Gan airport to receive us. He drove us to Wave Sound where we were welcomed with refreshing cold towels and fresh coconut water. I can’t tell you what a relief they were in the equatorial heat!
My husband and I had exactly the same reaction upon arriving at Wave Sound. It was exactly as we’d seen in the pictures! Rooms overlooking the beach, white sands, turquoise waters, sun deck, umbrellas, hammock, and swings. Everything we could’ve possibly asked for, but probably never imagined in a budget resort.
We were then escorted to our rooms where another surprise awaited us. Since we were there to celebrate our anniversary, the staff had decorated our room beautifully. The room was really spacious and beautifully furnished. They even had a separate dressing area complete with a closet, mirror, and dresser!
- Free WiFi
- Cable TV
- Mini Bar
- Electric Kettle With Coffee & Tea Ingredients
- Fruit Basket
- Bottled Water
- Hair Dryer
Need some information on another gorgeous island in the Maldives?
Here’s all you need to know about Omadhoo, Maldives.
Highlights Of Our Stay
- Amazing food – The chef, Abdullah, is truly gifted and almost single-handedly prepares a buffet breakfast, dinner and also any a-la-carte orders for lunch. A really friendly fellow with whom we shared many a tale during our stay.
- Our anniversary dinner and barbeque by the beach – We were overwhelmed by the efforts put in by the team to make our evening special.
- Water Sports – You can choose from a variety of water sports such as windsurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, fishing and many more.
- Island Tour – Saeed took us on a tour of Addu City where he showed us all the interesting places on the island.
- Cleanliness – Rooms are cleaned twice a day, something I’ve never experienced even in 5-star hotels! Even though you’re right next to a beach, you won’t be able to spot a speck of sand in your room.
- Privacy – The area where Wave Sound By 3S Maldives is located, is private property. So only the guests of the resort can access the beach and nearby islands. No annoying crowds to disrupt your peace. Never knew budget resorts in Maldives could provide such a thing!
- Friendly Staff – Nafas, the waiter, Shepon, the housekeeper, and everyone on the staff are super helpful and friendly. They do everything in their power to ensure that your stay is comfortable. And always with a smile.
Why Should You Stay At Wave Sound By 3S Maldives?
So, is Wave Sound the best resort in the Maldives? It’s certainly one of the nicer resorts we’ve stayed at. And, it provides incredible value for money. I’d say Wave Sound is definitely one of the best budget resorts in Maldives.
Did you know you can visit a Maldives resort on a day tour? Read all about it here.
If you’re planning a holiday to the Maldives on the cheap, I’d strongly recommend you to book your stay at Wave Sound by 3S Maldives. Even if you want to shell out some extra cash on water villa packages, try out at least a couple of nights at Wave Sound. Trust me, you’ll thank me for it 🙂
And before you go, here’s another hotel review for you. Check out Kuramathi Island Resort in the Maldives here.
And as always, if you enjoyed reading this, don’t forget to “Like” it and share your thoughts in the comments below.
Like it? Pin it!
That looks lovely!
Thanks so much! It really was 🙂
Very helpful information Chandrima. Planning a trip to Maldives soon..
Thanks so much!
Love this! It has always been my dream to be able to visit maldives ❤️
Thanks dear ❤️
You make me want to leave this cold, rainy day and go there immediately. Fabulous share!
Thank you so much Debbra 😊
Wow! This looks beautiful!! Thanks for the tip!
You’re welcome 😊
This looks like an amazing place to stay, and it’s a budget resort. Even better!
Exactly! I’d never have thought this would be possible on a budget
What a beautiful vacation!! I still have never had coconut juice from a coconut, definitely on my bucket list 😂 And happy anniversary!
Thanks Julia 😊 you should definitely try that coconut drink sometime 😊
Thank you 😊
This place looks so peaceful! I’ve never really looked into the Maldives but maybe I should!
Oh I think you totally should 😊
Looks amazing! Will have to check this place out next time I need some R&R!
Thanks! I hope you’ll really like it 😊
Maldive is new switzerland in terms of tourism
That’s so true 😊
Comments are closed.